The valley of Ait Bougmez is widely considered to be one of the most beautiful in Morocco, and it’s certainly one of our favourite places – anywhere in the world! It’s a fairytale landscape of farmers’ fields, characteristic adobe villages and has an other-worldliness that draws visitors in search of a mountain escape that combines beauty and rural culture. Tabant, the main village in the valley hosts an excellent Sunday market and the valley (known internationally as “the happy valley”) is the trailhead for an exciting hike up the country’s third highest peak, Jebel M’goun. Equally good as a region for easier grades of walking, given the valley’s wide, flat base, Bougmez is worth the extra effort to access as compared to regions closer to Marrakech
Grown mainly potatoes in the valley. Overnight camping at Arouss.
The hill from the attic, panoramic view of the valley... Overnight lodging in the village.
. Discovery of the traditional architecture of adobe houses, overnight lodging.
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 - 3 people : 445£/person
- Group 4 - 7 people : 365£/person
- Group 8 - 12 people : 325£/person
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel - trek - hotel )
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option )
Not included :
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
Grade : 1 - 2 - 3
Availability & Confirmed Dates:
This trek runs from April to October and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
Essential Equipment & Clothing:
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag
- Day sack/backpack
- Head torch / headlamp
- Ice axe and crampons (winter)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD