This trip allow to you to climb Jbel Toubkal the highest peak of the High Atlas and Morocco and North Africa with 4 167 m.and visit Erg Chebbi, better known as the dunes of Merzouga, is one of two large ergs of the Sahara in Morocco. The spectacular golden dunes of Erg Chebbi are among the most remarkable of the Sahara.
After your transfer from Marrakech to Imlil (1,740m), you will set off an a 4 to 5hours trek out of the Imlil Valley and into the Azzadene Valley. Along the way you will pass fromTizi N’Mzik at 2,450m, the refuge at Azib n’Tamsoult and the Ighouliden waterfalls. Overnight in the Lipeney mountain refuge ( or before at Azib n Tamsoult)
Stay the night in our gesthous
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 - 3 people : 540€/person
- Group 4 - 7 people : 399€/person
- Group 8 - 12 people : 364€/person
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in Mountain huts
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel - trek - hotel
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option )
- 4x4 / mini-bus with english speaking driver
- 1 night in Guesthouse in Imlil (HB)
- 1 night in a hotel at Dades gorges (HB)
- 1 overnight camping on the Dunes (HB)
- 1 night in a Hotel in Ourzazate (HB)
- Camel ride on the dunes.
Not included :
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
- Entrance fee (Monuments visits
Grade : 1 - 2 - 3
Availability & Confirmed Dates:
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
Accommodation during the Trek :
The accommodation during this trek will be either in camping if prefered (June-octo) or in the Mountain huts ( winter treks ).
1 overnight camping on the dunes (nomad tents)
1 overnight in a Hotel at Dades Gorges
NB : If accommodation is required in the Atlas Mountains either before or after the trek, we can always book you at our place in Imlil
Essential Equipment & Clothing:
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag
- Day sack/backpack
- Head torch / headlamp
- Ice axe and crampons (winter)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD