Ait Bougmez Valley trek
The valleys are home to tiny hamlets and villages of the ethnic Berbers, a herding and farming community. Visit their homes and interact with them to know more about their traditions and customs. See their terraced fields of corn and barley and get a glimpse of their day to day living.
Grown mainly potatoes in the valley. Overnight camping at Arouss.
The hill from the attic, panoramic view of the valley… Overnight lodging in the village.
. Discovery of the traditional architecture of adobe houses, overnight lodging.
The valley of Ait Bougmez is widely considered to be one of the most beautiful in Morocco, and it’s certainly one of our favourite places – anywhere in the world! It’s a fairytale landscape of farmers’ fields, characteristic adobe villages and has an other-worldliness that draws visitors in search of a mountain escape that combines beauty and rural culture. Tabant, the main village in the valley hosts an excellent Sunday market and the valley (known internationally as “the happy valley”) is the trailhead for an exciting hike up the country’s third highest peak, Jebel M’goun. Equally good as a region for easier grades of walking, given the valley’s wide, flat base, Bougmez is worth the extra effort to access as compared to regions closer to Marrakech
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 445£/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 365£/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 325£/person
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in Mountain huts
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel)
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in Imlil:
- Crampons : 5 €/ Day/pair
- Ice Axe : 3 €/day
- Walking boots : 5 €/day
- Sleeping bags : 2.5 €/day
- Rain Jackets : 3 €/day
- Walking Poles : 3 €/day/pair
- Back packs : 3€/day
- Stoves : 2€/day
Easy – Medium – Hard
The accommodation during this trek will be either in camping if prefered (June-octo) or in the Mountain huts ( winter treks ).
NB : If accommodation is required in the Atlas Mountains either before or after the trek, we can always book you at our place in Imlil