Saghro Ascent Trek 5d/4n
In This volcanic mountains and among the hospitality of Ait Atta tribe saghro offers you a nice medium level hiking trip, also can be done as a familly Trek with different levels
Our guide will pick you up from your accommodation in the morning and we’ll cross the High Atlas Mountains via the famous Tizi ‘n Tichka Pass at 2260m. From this pass you have wonderful vistas of the valley and Berber villages nearby. We stop for lunch at an ancient Kasbah in the palm-covered valley of Draa, and spend the night in Nkob.
the Bab-n-Ali pinnacles and the unique mountain landscape of Tadawt n Tblah. We camp in the evening at a beautiful river, perfect for relaxing after a good day’s hike. Total hike time: 6 hours
Our last trek towards Nkob takes 3 hours. Upon arriving, we enjoy a short respite in the village before rejoining our vehicle for our journey back to Marrakech. We arrive back in Marrakech by early evening.
the range of the Anti-Atlas and region forms a bridge between the two contrasting landscapes of Morocco; the snowy peaks of the High Atlas, and the rolling sand dunes of the Sahara desert. Djebel Saghrou, meaning winter warmth, is a vast area of highlands with beautiful volcanic rock formations, basalt peaks, deep long canyons, palm oases, low laying valleys hiding large open green spaces, and lunar barren landscapes. In the winter this region provides refuge to the Nomadic Berbers, who bring their herds to avoid the harsh winters of the Atlas range.Discover the beauty of this enchanting landscape! Elevation: 2000m Travel from Marrakech through Ouarzazate, the gateway to the desert’. From Ourazazate travel onto Boumalne Dades, and Tagudilt, where our trekking will begin
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 460£/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 405£/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 360£/person
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in Mountain huts
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel)
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in Imlil:
- Crampons : 5 €/ Day/pair
- Ice Axe : 3 €/day
- Walking boots : 5 €/day
- Sleeping bags : 2.5 €/day
- Rain Jackets : 3 €/day
- Walking Poles : 3 €/day/pair
- Back packs : 3€/day
- Stoves : 2€/day
Easy – Medium – Hard
The accommodation during this trek will be either in camping if prefered (June-octo) or in the Mountain huts ( winter treks ).