Atlas Mountains Hike Imlil To Ourika
Easy to medium & interesting 3 day linear walk from Imlil to Setti Fatma , great walking option in the atlas Mountains which will take you through lot of berber villages, high mountain pass and walk down through the gorges of Ourika Valley
An amazing 3 Days Atlas Mountains Trek ( imlil to ourika valley) across the two Berber valleys of the High Atlas Mountains leads from Imlil to Setti Fadma via Tizi n’Tacheddirt (3600m) and Ourika valley. The altitude allows for great panoramic views over the Toubkal National Park. The second part of the trek will be marked with a color change. Walking along the ancient houses made of mud and stones catching the glimpse of moments from the lives of locals will be altered with crossing the juniper field-like plains. The valleys are linked by gorges and constant proves of human presence shaping the environment – terraced fields with vegetable, walnut trees and apple orchards belonging to every village. With a bit of luck, in the Setti Fadma region you can come across monkeys, which are currently on the verge of extinction
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 157€/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 125€/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 105€/person
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in Mountain huts
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel)
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in Imlil:
- Crampons : 5 €/ Day/pair
- Ice Axe : 3 €/day
- Walking boots : 5 €/day
- Sleeping bags : 2.5 €/day
- Rain Jackets : 3 €/day
- Walking Poles : 3 €/day/pair
- Back packs : 3€/day
- Stoves : 2€/day
Easy – Medium – Hard
The Accommodation will be in Berber homes which are simple gites inside berber villages. camping will be an option during the summer months if prefered.
NB : If accommodation is required in the Atlas Mountains either before or after the trek, we can always book you at our place in Imlil