5-Day Atlas Valley and Sahara Desert Trek
Strongly recommended year-round, this is a fantastic trek for those not climbing Toubkal. It offers in our opinion the best mountain scenery and Berber villages within the Imlil and Toubkal National Park area & best 3 days to Erg Cheebi and Ait ben Haddou kasbah.
Detail about the package
Atlas Valley & Sahara Desert Tour 5d/4n
5-Day Atlas Valley And Sahara Desert Trek: Atlas Hiking & Desert itinerary is one of the perfect mixtures for aspirants’ hikers. trek in Imlil valley explore the lifestyle of the locals and discover the Sahara Desert.
Atlas Hiking & Desert is a medium hike in 2 valley trek and 3 days crossing the Atlas Mountain to the southern flanks to Desert all through, flourishing high valleys around the roof of Africa to some of the most contrasting and varied landscapes of Southeastern, impressive canyons, Kasbahs, Oasis and stunning Sahara dunes.
Atlas Hiking & Desert itinerary starts from Marrakech to High Atlas Toubkal Massif, hiking from Imlil for the trek in 2 days then a trip by jeep to the south via Tizi-N-Tichka in the Caravan road from Telouet Valley to Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah passing by Ouarzazate to the road of thousand Kasbahs, to the canyons of Dades and Todra before arriving at Merzouga highest dunes in Morocco, the way back to Marrakech via the volcano Massif Saghro and the longest valleys the Draa before passing again by Ouarzazate and the road to the red town.
Day 1: Marrakesh - Agersioual - Tizi Oudit (2200m) - Tizi Oussem (1850m):
Day 2: Tizi oussem (1850m) - Tizi Mezzik (2500m) - imlil (1740m)
Day 3: imlil - Tizi -n-Tichka - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Dades Valley/Gorges
Day 4: Dades Gorges - Tenghir - Todra Gorges -- Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga
Day 5: back to Merzouga - Agdz - Ouarzazate –Marrakech trough Tizi-n-Tichka
Places to be
Maps & info
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 470€/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 360€/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 280€/person
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in a berber villages (Gites)
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option )
- 4×4 / mini-bus with english speaking driver
- 1 night in a hotel at Dades gorges (HB)
- 1 overnight camping on the Dunes (HB)
- Camel ride on the dunes.
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
- Entrance fee (Monuments visits)
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
Easy – Medium – Hard
he accommodation during this trek will be in village simple gites inside berber villages (Tizi oussem ) then Night in Nice Guesthouse in imlil ( dar adrar )
fallowed By Night in Hotel then night in nomad Tent on Desert
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag
- Day sack/backpack
- Head torch / headlamp
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
The most affordable price