Three Valleys & berber villages Trek
Spend 3 days exploring the high peaks of the atlas mountains on foot the valleys are the home to tiny hamlets and villages of the ethnic berbers, a herding and farming community
Detail about the package
Three Valleys & berber villages
Three Valles and Berber Villages trek:
Explore the Berber villages of the High Atlas Mountains on a 3-day trek from Marrakech Your walking trek will take you and your group through the stunning valleys of the Toubkal region.
The Imnan, Ait Mizan and Azzenden Valleys make for beautiful trekking routes all year round , go deep into a landscape of lush valleys and arid peaks.
Pack your luggage into mules and enjoy an unencumbered walk from Imlil through a series of high passes that gives you a vivid glimpse of life in isolated Berber communities. Sip tea with a local family and learn about the region’s fascinating traditional culture; relax in a steamy hammam and sleep in one of the refuges that have sheltered generations of mountain travelers.
Day 1: Marrakech - Imlil - Tizi N' Tmatert - Tinghrinay
After a transfer to the village of Imlil, we start our trek. We walk from Imlil (1740m) towards Tinerhourhine, hereby passing by Tamatert. We will have lunch on the col of Tizi ‘n Tamatert (2279m). After lunch continue to Ouanesekra-Tamguist. Later we arrive at Tinerhourhine (1600m) where we will spend the night in a local gite.
Approx. 4 hours walking
Day 2 : Tinghrin - Tizi n'Ougarsioual - Ait Aissa
Approx. 6 to 7 hours walking
Day 3: Ait Aissa - Tizi n Mzik - Imlil
Today involves a fantastic climb out of the Azzadene Valley. You’ll head up the valley towards Tizi Oussem from where you’ll headup towards the pass at Tizi n Mzik (2489m) before descending down into Imlil. After lunch in Imlil you’ll be transferred back to Marrakech leaving plenty of time to explore the City in the evening. Aprox. 4-5 hours walking.
Day 1: Marrakesh - Imi Oughlad - Tinzert:
Day 2: Tinzert - Azzaden Valley (Ait Aissa):
Day 3 : Ait Aissa - tizi Mezzik - Imlil
Approx. 4 hours walking time.
Places to be
Maps & info
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 300€/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 180€/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 190€/person
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation at Neltner Mountain hut
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option )
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in Imlil:
Easy – Medium – Hard
The Accommodation during this trek can either be in a mountain hut for the winter treks or on camping if prefered from June -Octo
NB : If accommodation is required in the Atlas Mountains either before or after the trek, we can always book you at our Place in Imlil
The most affordable price