Three Valleys & berber villages
Spend 3 days exploring the high peaks of the atlas
mountains on foot the valleys are the home to tiny
hamlets and villages of the ethnic berbers, a herding
and farming community
Approx. 4 hours walking
Approx. 6 to 7 hours walking
After breakfast you’ll head up and out of the valley and traverse over to the stunning Azzaden Valley. The views open up with a rushing mountan stream surrounded by lush walnut groves leading up towards Toubkal and her sister peaks at the head of the Valley. Overnight in a village Gite in Ait Aissa. Aprox. 5-6 hours walking.
Approx. 4 hours walking time.
Explore the Berber villages of the High Atlas Mountains on a 3-day trek from Marrakech Your walking trek will take you and your group through the stunning valleys of the Toubkal region. The Imnan, Ait Mizan and Azzenden Valleys make for beautiful trekking routes all year round , go deep into a landscape of lush valleys and arid peaks. Pack your luggage onto mules and enjoy an unencumbered walk from Imlil through a series of high passes that gives you a vivid glimpse of life in isolated Berber communities. Sip tea with a local family and learn about the region’s fascinating traditional culture; relax in a steamy hammam and sleep in one of the refuges that have sheltered generations of mountain travelers.
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people :180€/person
- Group 4 – 7 people :138€/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 112€/person
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in Mountain huts
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel)
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in Imlil:
- Crampons : 5 €/ Day/pair
- Ice Axe : 3 €/day
- Walking boots : 5 €/day
- Sleeping bags : 2.5 €/day
- Rain Jackets : 3 €/day
- Walking Poles : 3 €/day/pair
- Back packs : 3€/day
- Stoves : 2€/day
Easy – Medium – Hard
The accommodation during this trek will be either in camping if prefered (June-octo) or in the Mountain huts ( winter treks ).
NB : If accommodation is required in the Atlas Mountains either before or after the trek, we can always book you at our place in Imlil