Mt Toubkal & berber Villages Trek 5d/4n
This a stunning five day trek in the High Atlas Mountains. We trek through a variety of landscapes from lush valleys to barren rock. The route takes us through colourful Berber villages, over nice mountain passes slowly ascending to our highest point at 4,167m at the top of Mount Toubkal,
Berber Villages & Mt Toubkal Ascent Trek 5-days will take you on a tour of Berber villages and Explore the Atlas Mountains around Marrakech before you ascend to the peak of Mount Toubkal (4167m). Over the 4 days, you will have chance to acclimatize to the altitude while spending time in the company of native Berbers and experiencing their culture. picnic in idyllic countryside and have your meals rustled up by your very own cook. During this trek the nights are spent in local houses, refuges or tents, maximizing your experience of the region. This trek can easily be extended into a longer adventure that includes longer stays and can even be expanded into the desert with the addition of camels.
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 322/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 294/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 266/person
NB : Extra 7 Euros/person extra from Nov to April to cover porters & extra for mountain hut winter rates
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in Mountain huts
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel)
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in Imlil:
- Crampons : 5 €/ Day/pair
- Ice Axe : 3 €/day
- Walking boots : 5 €/day
- Sleeping bags : 2.5 €/day
- Rain Jackets : 3 €/day
- Walking Poles : 3 €/day/pair
- Back packs : 3€/day
- Stoves : 2€/day
Easy – Medium – Hard
The accommodation during this trek will be either in camping if prefered (June-octo) or in the Mountain huts ( winter treks ).
NB : If accommodation is required in the Atlas Mountains either before or after the trek, we can always book you at our place in Imlil