Toubkal Ascent & Sahara Camel ride
This trip allow to you to climb Jbel Toubkal the highest peak of the High Atlas and Morocco and North Africa with 4 167 m.and visit Erg Chebbi, better known as the dunes of Merzouga, is one of two large ergs of the Sahara in Morocco. The spectacular golden dunes of Erg Chebbi are among the most remarkable of the Sahara.
After your transfer from Marrakech to Imlil (1,740m), you will set off an a 4 to 5hours trek out of the Imlil Valley and into the Azzadene Valley. Along the way you will pass fromTizi N’Mzik at 2,450m, the refuge at Azib n’Tamsoult and the Ighouliden waterfalls. Overnight in the Lipeney mountain refuge ( or before at Azib n Tamsoult)
Stay the night in our gesthous
Detail about the package
Toubkal Ascent & Sahara Camel ride 7d/6n
limb the beautiful Mount Toubkal on this glorious 3-day trek through the wilderness Due to the elevation, the trek is considered one of the hardest, but also one of the most beautiful , visit some of the most spectacular places in the region, including the village of Imlil, the Toubkal Massif
followed by Camel Trip to sahara desert for three full days of breathtaking valley and desert landscapes seen in movies such as ‘Gladiator’ and ‘Lawrence of Arabia.’ Traveling through the High Atlas Mountains, visit the desert gateway city of Ouarzazate and explore the small Moroccan towns scattered throughout the Draa River Valley. Get a taste for authentic Berber life with an overnight in nomads’ tents at a desert camp in erg chebbi or merzouga , and witness a desert sunrise on an early-morning excursion to the Erg Lihoudi sand dunes nearby
Price : €540
Places to be
Maps & info
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 540€/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 400€/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 360€/person
NB : Extra 20 /person extra from Nov to April to cover porters & extra for mountain hut winter ratesIncluded
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in Mountain huts
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option )
- 4×4 / mini-bus with english speaking driver
- 1 night in Guesthouse in Imlil (HB)
- 1 night in a hotel at Dades gorges (HB)
- 1 overnight camping on the Dunes (HB)
- 1 night in a Hotel in Ourzazate (HB)
- Camel ride on the dunes.
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
- Entrance fee (Monuments visits)
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
Easy – Medium – Hard
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag
- Day sack/backpack
- Head torch / headlamp
- Ice axe and crampons (winter)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
The accommodation during this trek will be either in camping if prefered (June-octo) or in the Mountain huts ( winter treks ).
1 overnight camping on the dunes (nomad tents)
1 overnight in a Hotel at Dades Gorges 1 Night in hotel in ouarzazate
NB : If accommodation is required in the Atlas Mountains either before or after the trek, we can always book you at our place in Imlil
The most affordable price