Imlil & Azzaden Valley Trek 2d/1n
Hike across deep gorges, Gushing river streams and jenniper forests. Get amazed by the highest waterfall in the Atlas Mountains. Go through Berber villages, meet locals and discover their lifestyles, All That in 2 day Trek from Marrakech
Trekking from Marrakech through many little hamlets and Berber villages to the magnificent Western High Atlas Mountains. A part of this two day trek leads across the imlil National Park. Imlil & azzaden area is significant with red color, its slopes are covered with juniper trees and dotted with traditional flat – roofed houses made of stone. Get over Tiz M’zzik Mountain pass (2450m) The big waterfall is one of the highlights of this hikeand then descend down to Tizi Oussem village for the night. On day 2, you trek down to the Assif Azzaden Valley, passing through several Berber hamlets and up to the Tizi Oudite pass and down to the village of Aguersiouâl. Enjoy your lunch by the river before you set for another hour up the Imlil valley prior to getting back to the starting Point and transfer back to Marrakech .
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 105/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 120/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 77/person
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in Mountain huts
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel)
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in Imlil:
- Crampons : 5 €/ Day/pair
- Ice Axe : 3 €/day
- Walking boots : 5 €/day
- Sleeping bags : 2.5 €/day
- Rain Jackets : 3 €/day
- Walking Poles : 3 €/day/pair
- Back packs : 3€/day
- Stoves : 2€/day
Easy – Medium – Hard
The Accommodation will be in a simple berber Gite at Tizi oussem Village.
Camping is an option if prefered (june-Octo).
NB : If accommodation is required in the Atlas Mountains either before or after the trek, we can always book you at our place in Imlil