Toubkal Ascent & Atlas Valley Trek 6d/5n
Spend 6 days hiking in the Atlas Mountains in Morocco. The unspoilt beauty of the Ousertek Valley, which is home to the famous Berber tribes of Africa, is best explored on-foot. Your trail will lead you through Walnut groves, terraced fields you will stop amidst the beautiful scenery to enjoy a picnics.
slowly over Tizi n Lbour and down into to Imeskar village for Lunch. After lunch we then carry on across the small valley in the shadow of several huge walnut trees, an easy climb without technical difficulties into village Tinghar then we continue to climb towards the village of Tidili night and the small village of Gliz . 5-6hours
Trekking in the Toubkal National Park in the High Atlas Mountains of Morocco on an 6 days trek of the valley and Berber villages with Ascent Of Mount Toubkal (4167m) is the highest mountain in North Africa. the summit is challenging, but it requires no mountaineering experience and the panoramic view from he summit makes the hard work worthwhile. , from Nov – May, snow settles above 3000m and crampons and ice axes are required.
See stunning scenery, and take energetic walks with an expert hiking guide, complemented with nights in guest houses and mountain refuges.
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 392 /person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 336 /person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 280 /person
NB : Extra 7 Euros/person extra from Nov to April to cover porters & extra for mountain hut winter rates
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in Mountain huts
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel)
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in Imlil:
- Crampons : 5 €/ Day/pair
- Ice Axe : 3 €/day
- Walking boots : 5 €/day
- Sleeping bags : 2.5 €/day
- Rain Jackets : 3 €/day
- Walking Poles : 3 €/day/pair
- Back packs : 3€/day
- Stoves : 2€/day
Easy – Medium – Hard
The accommodation during this trek will be either in camping if prefered (June-octo) or in the Mountain huts ( winter treks ).
NB : If accommodation is required in the Atlas Mountains either before or after the trek, we can always book you at our place in Imlil